Friday, February 03, 2006

Thar She Blows!

Had an hour betwixt clients so I did a little CP hawk watching...entering the Park at 72nd st, I saw PM circling low over the tree tops on the brisk wind. Walking north to the Castle and then on to the East Drive, I was following the raucous sound of crows and jays.
Image hosting by Photobucket
Soon I found Pale Male again, perched along 5th ave, a flock of crows slicing through the air around his head.
He was up and dove on some pigeons roosting on a sycamore...
Image hosting by Photobucket
As I continued along the Resevoir, PM followed over head and then rocketed all the west. As I walked to the jogging path's edge to get a better look, I found two Hooded Merganser's hanging out with the Buffleheads! Nice pair!
Image hosting by Photobucket
Walking north I watched fleets of steel gray clouds blow past like giant battleships.
Image hosting by Photobucket
At the 96th st transverse, another RTH came low over the trees.
Image hosting by Photobucket
I tracked it to the Cardinal Cooke Center
Image hosting by Photobucket
Where it harrassed pigeons with its crop still bulging!
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Definitely a good lunch break!

1 comment:

Elly said...

I love your bord blog! I am a transplanted New Yorker. Lived on the upper west side for a number of years, went to school at Columbia. So it's really fun to read your blod. Thanks!