Sunday, February 26, 2006

Accidental Raptors

It seems I cant go anywhere without finding some specie or other of raptors. On Friday I was over on 100th and Broadway, when I heard a familar kik-kik-kik and looked up to see a male kestrel flying along side his mate!
Image hosting by Photobucket
I lost sight of her but found him a block away,
Image hosting by Photobucket
perched atop a building.
Image hosting by Photobucket
On Saturday, I decided to show my girlfriend around the east village. Overhead I spotted a red tailed hawk, shadowing the pigeons over 1st Ave.
Image hosting by Photobucket
As we strolled the shops and community gardens, I again heard the kik-kik-kik and look up just in time to see a male kestrel swoop into its nest!
Image hosting by Photobucket
The gruesome decor!
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
And his flyout!
Image hosting by Photobucket
A block away I spotted the female on a tv antenna!
Image hosting by Photobucket
I've never seen one so dark!
Image hosting by Photobucket
She could easily be mistaken for a merlin!
Image hosting by Photobucket

No comments: