Saturday, December 30, 2006

Harlem Raptors

My early morning forays to track the kestrels and red-tails that reside in my neighborhood have produced only the occasional sighting. When the weather changed, I decided to try my luck in the late afternoon. After searching their favorite perches, I found the kestrel pair in the northern part of their territory.




The male then took off and made a dive on a surpised starling!


I then tracked him to some new perches, opposite the 30th Pct.

I also noticed that scads of starlings were on watch duty. They seemed to be paying attention to something other than the kestrels.


In St. Nicholas Park, I found the reason why.

For a minute, I thought I might be on the menu.

But then he was off...

and made a run at some pigeons.


Happy New Year to all!

1 comment:

Aaron Cook said...

"hey, i like ur site. i found it b/c someone was referred to my bloggy, http://yojimbot.blogspot from yours, but i dont see any links. just wondering how they go to me, but was pleasantly surprised by yours.

peace,

JO'B"

Hi Yojimbot,

Thanks for visiting Home Business Today! Good to see you here! :)

I believe they ended up on your blog via the "NEXT BLOG" button at the top (upper right-hand corner) of my blog.

Since my Home Business Today blog is updated frequently, Blogger sends traffic to the other Blogger blogs via the "Next Blog" button on my site. :)

Hope that helps!

Shine on,
Aaron