Monday, May 08, 2006

Enter the Warbler: Part 1

The past few weeks have been slow in terms of passerine migration. This past weekend, that all changed. Birds of every stripe, size and song were very active in the mornings and late in the day. This is the first part in a three part series of spring intinerants...the warblers!
Lets start with a Wilson's!

He gave me awesome looks from every angle.


Next were tons of Black Throated Blues

and tons of Black and Whites.


Also in numerous quantities were Northern Parulas,

there song was everywhere in the park!

I got a close one of this Chestnut-Sided,

and this Nashville.

In the Wildflower Meadow, I spotted these male and female Yellow Warblers.


I got a brief glimpse of this Blackburnian!

and this Yellow-headed Vireo.


Of course there were tons of Yellow-rumped warblers,

and plenty of waterthrushes (which are actually warblers too)!

A Common Yellowthroat let me get one of him bathing.





Perched high in an oak, I found this blue-winged warbler.



And a male Redstart flitted through the brush!

Finally, there was this Magnolia

and the ubiquitous but eternally cute, Kinglet!

No comments: