Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Harlem Raptors: Fall 2011

This Fall has seen the largest and most varied amount of hawks, falcons, eagles and vultures in 10 years of hardcore Harlem birding.
My count so far is:
Golden Eagle 1 possibly 2
Bald Eagle 3
Osprey 5
Turkey Vulture 50+
Black Vulture 5
Red-shouldered hawk 3
Coopers hawk 12
Sharpie 3
Merlin 2
Kestrel 12
Peregrine Falcon 6
redtailed hawks 12
broadwinged hawks 24 migrating overhead in kettles.
aAso 1 possible juvenile Goshawk. No Owls, but I am looking!
Here are some recent captures.
Kestrel vs junco.

Overwintering Merlin.

Large groups of Turkey Vutures moving through.

Many redtailed hawks, both resident and haggard.
Adult.

Juvenile.

Adult vs Juvenile.

Peregrine vs Everybody.



7th Annual Harlem Hawk Walk is coming up. Let me know if you are interested...I will have to limit group to 10.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey My name is Ben and ive been checkin your blog regularly for like a year, always the best stuff around. I would love to do the harlem hawk walk. let me know the details if possible. Thanks

yojimbot said...

Email me at yojimbotatgmaildotcom and Ill send you the details as they become available.